Personal Trainer Part TimeNH-United States-Somersworth Apply View Saved Jobs Job ID 3155853 Date posted 05/08/2021
At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
a.Screen members for potential coronary and mobility risk factors and communicate with appropriate health care providers when the need is indicated.
b.Orient members to and enforce rules and regulations concerning the exercise areas
c.Demonstrate and instruct the proper use of cardiovascular and resistance equipment based on industry standards
d.Assist in the development of educational opportunities for members and staff.
.Engage, assist and help adjust member routines to motivate the member with his fitness program
a.Monitor and report all equipment malfunctions according company procedures
b.Be familiar with and direct members to appropriate Works programming across all departments.
c.Engage and initiate member interaction while on the fitness floor including offering member assists when you have openings/cancelations in your schedule.
.Conduct safe and effective personal training sessions for apparently healthy individuals.
a.Responsible for direct revenue production (paid for session redemptions) in Personal Training sales based on goals set with team leader and/or supervisor
b.Developed individualized fitness program for clients based upon medical history, fitness assessments and goals.
c.Conduct regular assessments and adjust individual client routines to motivate and ensure progression and goal oriented results with their fitness program
d.Maintain consistent and accurate records for all programs developed.
e.Maintain accurate records for contracts, waivers & payroll. Responsible for ensuring clients have made timely payments on all open contracts or set up appropriate EFT contracts.
f.Turn in weekly pay-request to fitness director by Monday 10am
g.Maintain accurate scheduling calendar for booking purposes and communicate with the fitness consultants on any changes in availability.
Experience Minimum Required
• Minimum 6 months Personal Training in the fitness industry
• Two years experience in the fitness industry One year training special populations and/or advanced programming of healthy populations (e.g. tactical training, sports performance and rehab)
Education Minimum Required
• Bachelors Degree in health related field such as exercise science, physical education (or similar) or certification from an NCCA recognized organization (i.e. ACSM, NSCA, NASM or ACE).
• Advanced degree and/or advanced certification for special population. Advanced skills in multiple training modalities and program design
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• CPR within 3 months of hire
Licensure and/or Certifications Preferred/Desired
• First Aid Certification
· The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)