Athletic Trainer/ScribeNH-United States-Somersworth Apply View Saved Jobs Job ID 3158139 Date posted 06/03/2021
At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
As an Athletic Trainer, this role facilitates patient flow throughout the office and supports the providers to ensure timely delivery of quality patient care. Duties include patient education relating to dietary and exercise programs, patient education regarding the proper durable medical equipment (DME) use, patient education regarding proper cast care and assisting the provider during routine procedures such as injections, suture and staple removal. This role also includes the primary operation of the electronic health record (EHR) and electronic dictation system. The ability to anticipate provider needs to facilitate the flow of the clinic, good judgment, organizational ability, initiative, attention to detail and the ability to be self-motivated are especially important in this role.
1.Assists the provider in a clinical practice environment by providing the highest quality care to patients in a friendly and caring environment.
a.Assists in expediting patient flow.
b.Instructs patients on home exercise programs to include isometric, isotonic, plyometric, open and closed chain exercises.
c.Aids in dietary program development to improve health, increase stamina and/or alter weight.
d.Educates patients on the importance of fluid hydration, concussion recognition and infection prevention. Instructs and documents patient education relating to proper cast and/or splint care.
e.Instructs and documents patient education relating to appropriate use of crutches, canes, walkers, wheelchairs and other durable medical equipment (DME).
f.Instructs and documents patient education on the application of bandages and dressings as needed.
g.Under the instruction of providers performs routine procedures such as wound care and suture and staple removal.
h.Prepares equipment, injections, education materials, etc. during treatment and examination of patients.
i.At the direction of the provider, coordinates patient care with essential support services such as rehabilitation, radiology, physical and occupational therapy, etc.
2.Works to facilitate patient flow and ensure an accurate and complete medical record for each patient.
.Accompanies provider into the patient examination room in order to transcribe a history and physical examination and document accurately the provider's encounter with the patient and others present following established guidelines for documentation.
a.Queues up orders for the provider to authenticate and initiate. All orders for patient care must be communicated by the provider and not the Athletic Trainer.
b.Assists provider in navigating the EHR and locating information such as tests, lab results and hospital dictation.
c.Responds to various messages as directed by the provider.
d.Researches information requested by the provider.
e.Prepares referral letters as directed by the provider.
f.Assists provider with obtaining or locating information in EHR systems as appropriate.
g.Assists and supports providers by running queries in the NH PDMP during patient visits.
h.Assists providers by entering surgical booking forms and referrals in the EHR.
i.Contacts patients on behalf of the providers via the Patient Portal and initiates follow up appointments.
3.Effectively communicates with patients/family members.
.Communicates with patients in a manner that is consistent with WHP service expectations and the Language of Caring program as outlined in support of patient satisfaction. Verifies patient using two patient identifiers
a.Notifies patients and/or relays provider recommendations based on the specific direction/instruction of the physician or provider. Appropriately documents the follow-up that was conducted per office protocol. Caution used when communicating on the phone in patient care areas as well as appropriate response and communication via the patient portal.
4.Works to improve Press-Ganey patient satisfaction scores.
.Works effectively and cooperatively with other members of the team to identify opportunities for improvement in Press-Ganey results and actively participates in recommending plans of action to address any identified issues.
5.Works to improve processes related to hospital initiatives and other clinical quality measures.
.Works effectively and cooperatively with other members of the team to identify opportunities for improving processes or other clinical initiatives within the WHP system. Actively participates in recommending plans of action to address any identified issues.
6.Other general duties as assigned/directed.
.Performs all other duties as assigned/directed.
Experience Minimum Required
• One year in a medical office, hospital or practice setting
• Electronic Health Record (EHR) experience.
Education Minimum Required
• Bachelor's Degree
• Training in medical terminology.
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Ability to navigate within web-based applications.
• Ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Proficient in typing and excellent at spelling, punctuation and grammar.
• Ability to listen to complex medical information and summarize in a clear, complete and concise manner.
• Demonstrates sound problem-solving and decision-making skills.
• Ability to multitask and adapt quickly to changing priorities.
• Must have organizational skills with a strong attention to detail.
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• Athletic Trainer Certification/Licensure
• CPR within 3 months of hire
· The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)