Registered Nurse (RN) - 3South (Med Surg) - FT, Days
Dover, New Hampshire
After logging long hours to become a nurse, it’s time to start your career. We want you to feel supported every step of the way. From career development to certifications, you’ll have everything you need to do your job successfully, no matter the direction it takes.
- Full Time
- Level: Senior
- Travel: No
- Glassdoor Reviews and Company Rating
What makes a successful Registered Nurse?
- Team player
Our nurses are empowered to provide exceptional care through exemplary professional practice.
ANCC Magnet Recognition™
Primary Stroke Joint Commission Certification
Trauma Center Designation
ED Behavioral Health Pod
Favorable Patient: Nurse Ratios
Innovative Change for Care Redesign
Evidence-Based Practice Supporting Quality Outcomes
Collaborative Interdisciplinary Partnerships
Peer-to-Peer Support Program for Compassion Fatigue
OB/GYN Melissa McGann Joins Wentworth-Douglass Hospital
Dr. McGann will see patients at Dover Women’s Health, a trusted local provider of comprehensive women’s health care.
Wentworth-Douglass Awards Training Grant to Dover Fire & Rescue
The grant will fund education to help prepare the department to treat all types of medical emergencies.
-WHAT OUR EMPLOYEES ARE SAYING-
“I chose Wentworth-Douglass Hospital because of the teamwork and positive attitude that I witnessed when I was a student and LNA here. Out of all the hospitals I have been to throughout my education and life I have never seen an organization that had such a strong support system amongst staff members. Another deciding factor for choosing Wentworth-Douglass Hospital as a new grad is the three month precepted orientation that had follow-up for a year that helped me to settle into my role as a new nurse. I love that when I come to work, I am surrounded by people who care about the patients and their outcomes. The staff at Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is supportive and helpful so even on a busy day there is always someone there to help. ”
Health & Wellness Programs
Paid Time Off
Granted the Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence (trademark); 2019 by Healthgrades, Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
On 3South you will find:
- A wide variety of patient populations including acute med-surg patients and long term care patients awaiting placement.
- Flexible bed capacity of 10-20 beds.
- Twelve-hour shifts.
- A team oriented environment with an adaptable and supportive group of staff.
- An excellent learning environment for staff looking to transition into an inpatient role!
- Appropriately assesses, plans, implements and evaluates patient care, specific to population served
- Follows policies/procedures, clinical practice standards pertinent to care, including emergency situations
- Matches formal knowledge with clinical events to make decisions
- Demonstrates the ability to provide competent, effective care
- Seeks validation for clinical decisions, integrates input from other clinicians for decision making
- Prioritizes and organizes work appropriately to effectively meet patient needs
- Appropriately delegates to and supervises team members based on assessment of competencies, within scope of practice to ensure appropriate implementation of care
- Collaborates & communicates relevant patient data to appropriate persons clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing (e.g. handoffs)
- Effectively develops teaching plan and regularly integrates teaching into patient care
- Recognizes available resources/tools for meeting patient/family needs
- Completes assignments in an efficient and timely manner, requesting and utilizing resources appropriately
- Documents patient assessment, plan, interventions and response in accordance with applicable policies and procedures
- Communicates with Nurse Manager/ or designee about availability and management of supplies, system equipment and personnel resources at unit/department level
- Demonstrates contribution to unit-based programs and strategies to monitor and continuously improve the quality of patient care
- Optimizes use of staff (overtime, agency, skill mix, etc.) based on unit census and patient acuity
- Shows commitment to learning new knowledge and skills to enhance service to patients/ families and achieve organizational goals
- Implements and validates practices based upon current nursing evidence
- Advances the profession by assisting in clinical education and orientation of other staff and students; may function as preceptor for new staff
- Uses available resources to answer questions in regards to best practices, reflects upon practices on an ongoing basis
- Identifies opportunities for improvement in processes of care and other improvements at a unit level
- Actively participates in the collection and use of data and/or evaluation relative to unit-based performance improvements
UNIT SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES
- Participates in selection of and completes all unit-specific competencies
- Articulates Nursing Sensitive Indicators and quality goals for unit and describes role in accomplishing expectations; describes role and participates in quality improvement initiatives.
Experience Minimum Required
• Graduate of accredited nursing program with RN licensure.
Education Minimum Required
• AS, RN program completion
• BSN or enrollment in BSN program
Special Skills Minimum Required
• ACLS within 3 months of hire or transfer into ED
• ENPC or PALS within 6 months of hire or transfer
• TNCC certification within 6 months of hire or transfer into ED or 2 hours of trauma education per year
Special Skills Preferred/Desired
• CEN, CPEN, TCRN
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• Registered Nursing License
• ARC or AHA BLS
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
· Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP here.
· The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)