Dual Modality Tech, CT/MRI PeaseNH-United States-Dover Apply View Saved Jobs Job ID 3157898 Date posted 06/03/2021
At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital remains among the nation’s top hospitals for patient experience as a recipient of the Healthgrades 2021 Outstanding Patient Experience Award for the eighth consecutive year.
1. Demonstrates competence in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to the analysis of information.
a. Patient identification- Introduces self and properly confirms patient identification prior to the start of procedure.
b. Documentation/ Patient History - Verifies and gathers all relevant information and paperwork for procedure. (physician order, order requisition, pregnancy form as needed, written consent has been obtained.)
c. Assesses factors that contraindicate procedure being performed (i.e.: written orders reason for exam, medications, artifacts, lab results, allergies, etc.)
d. Compliant with department standards when performing Universal Protocol to include, but not limited to, pre-procedure verification, documentation verification and Time Out.
e. Provides post procedure instructions to patient; follows up with physician(s) when necessary, providing documentation changes to treatment plan.
2.Demonstrates competence in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to patient care and patient education.
. Provides accurate explanations & instructions at an appropriate time and place and at level of understanding to the patient, parent and/or guardian.
a. Patient comfort/ anxiety reduction - determines the need for accessory equipment to maintain a high level of patient care and utilizes the Pain Scale when appropriate, provides reassurance encouragement and emotional support.
b. Images patient using established Radiologists' protocols and Department guidelines.
c. Assesses images for diagnostic quality and makes modifications as necessary.
d. Ensures that the following are adhered to according to contrast media administration policy (XR-08) Intravenous therapy, VAD and PICC access, administers contrast agents, monitors contrast agent reactions and appropriately discontinues all.
3.Demonstrates competence in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to compliance.
. Radiation Protection- follows federal and state guidelines to minimize radiation exposure levels to patients, public and staff. (ALARA.) Educates the public and staff about MRI procedures and MRI magnetic safety. Provides hearing protection to patients and others.
a. Adheres to Code of Ethics and works within their professional scope of practice.
b. Participates in QC/QA/PI programs; submits report documentation within specified timeframe set by department standard.
c. Provides timely, accurate and complete documentation of near misses, occurrences and action plans.
d. Completes Daily Room Check- off sheet and maintains adequate level of supplies in procedure rooms.
e. Assures compliance with Kronos and accurately completes all payroll functions within specified time frame.
4. Demonstrates competence in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to cost effectiveness and productivity.
. Conserves, preserves and economizes where expendable resources are concerned. (i.e.: Supplies, overtime, and equipment.)
a. Performs job functions in a timely manner with accuracy. Utilizes Imaging Services department specific programs efficiently and consistently produces output of sufficient volume.
b. Assesses equipment to determine acceptable performance, tags defective equipment appropriately and notifies supervisor
5.Demonstrates competence in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to professional leadership practice.
. Press Ganey - actively pursues improving customer service standards. Demonstrates and contributes to the customization of Imaging Services practices.
a. Supervises, monitors, and guides students on selecting appropriate procedures after reviewing data, patient abilities, and patients overall condition.
b. Provides a positive role model for students of the Radiologic Technology profession by exhibiting a professional attitude toward students and the teaching process.
6.Demonstrates competence in the performance of duties and responsibilities in equipment management and Radiologists' protocol.
• Ability to perform Routine Diagnostic CT procedures to include contrast administration, and MedRad injectors.
• Ability to perform Invasive Diagnostic CT procedures
• Exhibits competence in McKesson PACS & HMI web version and RIS Functions. Familiar with downtime procedures and follows accordingly.
• Exhibits competence in Soarian Clinicals & Financials, and Pyxis supply stations
7. Demonstrates competency in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to MRI equipment.
• Ability to perform routine MRI procedures to include contrast administration with power injector.
• Anesthesia machine, power on, hook up, and safe work zone.
8. Demonstrates competence in the performance of duties and responsibilities related to Sonographic procedures and Radiologist protocol.
. Ability to effectively operate Sonographic equipment, selecting appropriate transducer, adjust modes, gain, depth, transmit zones, etc.
a. Ability to use Spectral Doppler, Color Doppler, M- Mode, as well as all measurement tools and calculation packages.
b. Ability to use teleradiography system, laser printer. Completes Sono reporting for Radiologist.
c. Utilizes patient cooperation and modifies action plan to image patient according to changes in clinical situations.
d. Assist in administering first aid or provide life support in emergent situations. Able to work efficiently and cope with emergent situations. Adjusts focal zone to area of interest, overall contrast and TGC to produce optimal image. Labels all images accurately and uses proper placement of cursors for accurate measurement. Obtains optimal scanning windows.
e. Uses independent judgment to accurately differentiate between normal and pathological findings. Adjusts imaging parameters to improve image outcome.
f. Exhibits competencies in McKesson, PACS, EPIC functions.
Experience Minimum Required
o 1-2yrs experience in the following: CT, MRI,
Education Minimum Required
o Graduate of approved radiology training program.
Training Minimum Required
o IV Certification w/in 6 mos
Special Skills Minimum Required
o Computer manipulation, verbal and written communication skills, mechanical aptitude. Ability to work independently as well as in a collaborative manner. Ability to make effective professional judgement and decisions based on objective criteria.
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
o NH Medical Imaging Radiographer & MRI License o ARRT Certified (Employee must have ARRT radiology and MRI modality prior to hire.) ARRT CT modality must be completed within 18 months of hire date. BLS w/in 3 months
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
· The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)