CRNANH-United States-Dover Apply View Saved Jobs Job ID 3252393 Date posted 07/19/2023
Looking to work somewhere that allows you to practice to the full scope of your license?
We have CRNA job openings available to accommodate surgical services growth. We practice in an anesthesia care team model that emphasizes CRNA autonomy. We offer the ability for CRNAs to perform their own invasive procedures, which include vascular access and regional anesthesia if desired. Job summary includes:
• 4- 10 hour shifts per week.
• Salaried position with OT for any time worked after scheduled daily shift.
• Back up call on weekends only. Call and OT pay for call hours worked.
• 7.6 weeks of Paid Time Off (6.6 Weeksvacation plus 1 week CME)
• Case mix includes: ortho, robotics, general, bariatrics, OB, gyn, GU, vascular, thoracics, healthy peds, and ENT
Requirements include graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor along with ability to be licensed in the State of NH.
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, an affiliate of Mass General Brigham, is committed to supporting patient care, research, teaching, and service to the community. We place great value on being a diverse, equitable and inclusive organization as we aim to reflect the diversity of the patients we serve. At Mass General Brigham, we believe in equal access to quality care, employment and advancement opportunities encompassing the full spectrum of human diversity: race, gender, sexual orientation, ability, religion, ethnicity, national origin and all the other forms of human presence and expression that make us better able to provide innovative and cutting-edge healthcare and research.
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital remains among the nation’s top hospitals for patient experience as a recipient of the Healthgrades 2021 Outstanding Patient Experience Award for the eighth consecutive year. Wentworth-Douglass Hospital is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
Experience Minimum Required
• Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetists are licensed, registered, advanced practice nurses who have completed an advanced degree in anesthesia. Nurse anesthetists must become certified by successfully completing a national qualifying examination in the specialty of anesthesia
• Three years of experience working as a CRNA in an acute hospital based Surgical Services Department
Education Minimum Required
• Graduate of a nurse anesthesia educational program accredited by the Council on Accreditation of Nurse Anesthesia Educational Programs or its predecessor
• Master’s degree
Training Minimum Required
• Knowledge of anatomy, physiology, pathophysiology, biochemistry, chemistry, physics and pharmacology as related to anesthesia. The major clinical component providing experience with a variety of anesthesia techniques and procedures for all types of surgery and obstetrics
Special Skills Minimum Required
• Cultural competence and language skills for patient population is desired
• Ability to perform clinically as a nurse anesthetist in the facility setting on a regular basis
• Ability to operate, use, and interpret data from a wide variety of equipment to perform anesthesia care as well as necessary perioperative or operating room care to support the safety and wellbeing of the patient while they are under the direct care of the CRNA
• Effective verbal and written communication skills are required to effectively collaborate with various clinical staff and other disciplines
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the patient population served
• Ability to demonstrate knowledge of the principles of growth and development over the life span and ability to assess data reflective of the patient’s requirements relative to his or her population-specific and age specific needs
• Knowledge of infection prevention and control techniques
• Ability to maintain confidential records
• Ability to implement and adhere to facility policies and procedures
Special Skills Preferred/Desired
• Ability to practice autonomously and in collaboration with a variety of health providers on an inter-professional team
• Ability to care for all acuity patients across the lifespan in a variety of settings
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
• Holds current active state licensure as a registered nurse in the state of New Hampshire and complies with any applicable state statutory and regulatory requirements concerning CRNAs
• Is currently certified or recertified by the National Board of Certification and Recertification for Nurse Anesthetists
· The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)