Cert Pharmacy TechNH-United States-Dover Apply View Saved Jobs Job ID 3133420 Date posted 01/25/2021
Wentworth-Douglass Hospital, a subsidiary of Massachusetts General Hospital, is renowned as one of the largest acute care hospitals in the Seacoast region of New Hampshire and Southern Maine. At Wentworth-Douglass, we value people who contribute to patient-centered care that enhances community health; we recognize and reward those who share our values and transform our patients' lives. We invite you to explore opportunities, cultivate community wellness and professional growth.
1. Prepares non-IV medication for dispensing under the direct supervision of a pharmacist, demonstrating accuracy, precision, and consistency relating to selection, packaging and labeling functions
o Accurately prepares medication for dispensing from computer fill lists, medication labels or other request forms using accepted policies and procedures.
o Fills assigned unit dose cassettes and prepares labels as needed in a timely manner to maintain established delivery schedules.
o Repackages medications according to department policy maintaining proper documentation and assuring that all work is checked by a pharmacist
o Replaces medications (including controlled medications) to automated dispensing units. Informs charge nurse as well as pharmacist of all controlled drug inventory discrepancies assuring that all discrepancies are resolved with 48 hours.
o Screens phone calls and visitors to minimize pharmacist interruptions. Assist the pharmacist by charging for and screening information for missing doses. All completed work is checked by a pharmacist prior to dispensing.
o Accurately perform daily C-II safe functions by pulling narcotics for automated dispensing units (ADS), patient specific narcotics and refilling EMS kits.
o Prepares medication code trays as well as other code kits for crash carts according to policy and procedure
2. Distributes medications, as required, to patient areas of the hospital
o Accurately and efficiently delivers medications to patient care areas on an as needed basis according to established policies and procedures, assuring timely provision of medications to patients.
o Consistently and thoroughly checks patient's medication cassettes at the time of cart exchange to assure all needed medications are transferred to current cassette
3. Assists in the creation, handling, and maintenance of a variety of pharmacy records to promote the efficient operation of the pharmacy and regulatory compliance
o Accurately updates patient medication cassettes regarding admissions, discharges, and transfers
o Accurately and consistently charges and credits patient medication from the cart fill lists
o Accurately records quantities of medications issued when filling floor stock requests
4. Assists in maintaining proper inventory and control of medications and supplies purchased by the pharmacy
o Maintains orderly stock levels of all medications in the dispensing area facilitate the proper and timely filling of medication orders as observed and checked by a pharmacist
5. Maintains work area in a neat, orderly, and clean condition
o Medications stored in the dispensing area and work stations (including the IV room) are maintained in a neat and orderly condition at all times, to reduce potential for errors
o Outdated medications are removed from stock to prevent dispensing
6. Actively participates in the quality improvement activities of the department
o Completes and documents all assigned medication storage area inspections on a monthly basis. Identifies and replaces outdated and unusable medications
o Accurately records refrigerator temperature logs twice daily to assure proper storage conditions for medications
7. Maintains competence required for current position description
o Maintains current New Hampshire Pharmacy Technician Registration
o Maintains current National Pharmacy Technician Certification
o Attends pharmacy staff/technician meetings
Experience Minimum Required
•1+ year as a Pharmacy Tech
•1+ year as a hospital Pharmacy Tech
Education Minimum Required
•Certified Pharmacy Technician from PTCB, NHA (formerly know as ICPT) or ASHP
Special Skills Minimum Required
•Pharmacy Automation, Computer skills
Licensure and/or Certifications Required
•NH Pharmacy Technician Registration required at time of hire.
•National Pharmacy Technician Certification from PTCB within 90 days of hire.
· The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)